For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. 2 Timothy 1:7 (HCSB)
We are not meant to thrive in isolation. From the very beginning, God decreed that it was not good for man to be alone.
We are born into families and ideally are adopted into spiritual families.
No great thing in life is accomplished individually. One of the most effective tricks of the enemy is that you are the only one with your problem; that you are singularly defective. The result of this belief is often isolation and withdrawal. Yet even the devil doesn’t work alone.
Success is always found with support.
From MayoClinic.org, here are some benefits to working with a support group.
“Regardless of format, in a support group, you’ll find people with problems similar to yours. Members of a support group usually share their personal experiences and offer one another emotional comfort and moral support. They may also offer practical advice and tips to help you cope with your situation.
Benefits of participating in support groups may include:
- Feeling less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gaining a sense of empowerment and control
- Improving your coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Reducing distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Developing a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Getting practical advice or information about treatment options
- Comparing notes about resources, such as doctors and alternative options
4HG Consulting offers quarterly groups designed to accelerate your emotional growth. Freedom comes from knowing, understanding and believing the truth of God’s love instead of Satan’s lies.
God’s Own Heart (Men’s Group)
January and February
Princess Warrior (Women’s Group)
April and May
Undespised (Young Adults Group)
July and August
The Faithful (A Group About Marriage)
October and November
Each group is 8 weeks long and conducted via teleconference. Click the links for more information.